Quite a while ago, we reviewed a cool concept of 3-in-1 Powerbank and audio solution with a pre-production prototype. Unfortunately, the crowd-funding project fell through despite that the product itself has been working perfectly as of this review goes up. It appears to be a trend that more manufacturers come up with cool concepts to put Bluetooth earbuds and speaker in one.
Recently, I was approached to try out an adorable mini Bluetooth speaker from Huatop, which merges true wireless Bluetooth earbuds along with a waterproof Bluetooth Speakers.
The Huatop mini wireless Speaker-earbuds combo is shipped with a mini packaging as well. The fine-printed box shows the overall design of the speaker and earbuds, as well as all their major features and specifications.
Inside the box, you will be able to find:
- 1 x Pair of Bluetooth Earbuds
- 1 x Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- 3 x extra pairs of ear caps with different sizes
- 1 x charging cable
- 1 x Wrist strap
- 1 x User Manual
- HD Stereo Sound powered by Bluetooth V4.1+ EDR technology
- Stable and strong signal connection ranged up to 12 meters (or 39 ft)
- True cordless wireless earbuds with noise cancelling and magnetic charging
- IP67 rated Bluetooth speaker submersible up to 1 meter for 15 minutes
- 4-6 hours music and talking time after 1 hour charging
- Compact form factor and light weight which is perfect for travelling
I have been extensively testing the Huatop Bluetooth speaker and earbuds and below are my comments on its performance:
- The sound quality of the Bluetooth speaker and earbuds, to be very precise, is more on a mediocre side however it is still very clear and crispy. The output is not muffling even the volume goes up to 80%. I tested out various sound sources even with couple gaming videos with voice over and it sounds decent. However, a lack of level of bass could be an issue for bass lovers but you can always tune up from the software side to compensate.
- Despite of its mini size, the speaker can push volume up to 79 dB. It can easily fill up a normal size living room or a hotel room. For the earbuds, the volume can go up to 64 dB however thanks to its effective noise isolation, you will not need push the volume to such a high level.
- Although the wireless earbuds pairing process is nowhere to compete with Apple’s proprietary technology on AirPods that I basically use it every single day, at home, on transports and in office, it is yet not difficult at all as long as you follow through the instructions on the user manual.
- The earbuds is quite comfortable to use. Pressing on buttons on either side to play or pause is convenient and intuitive.
- Due to small form factor, there is no AUX input which could be a little downside for me as quite often I like to plug in my secondary device for music steaming.
- Unlike most Bluetooth speaker, you can’t check the battery level of the speaker or earbuds right on the iPhone.
- It is a perfect travel gear that you can simply carry a small gadget but you have both Bluetooth speaker and earbuds with you.
Below is a quick video showcasing the sound quality of the Huatop Wireless Speaker in terms on pop music streaming, podcasts, YouTube video, and voice assistant:
Overall speaking, the Huatop True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds + Mini Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker is a decent choice of speaker-earbuds combo for its small form factor yet with pretty good overall performance. It gets the job done well and for just $49.99, which is around similar price point as other similar products, you can’t really go wrong with your purchase.
So what do you think about Huatop True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds + Mini Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker? Let me know in the comments.