The jailbreak supports 64-bit devices only at this moment, which means iPhone 5s or later, iPod 6G, iPad Mini 2 or later, iPad Air or later. We will keep you posted if anything changed or updated. Here is how to jailbreak with the PP-Pangu Jailbreak Tool below which is available on Windows PC only:
1. Download and run PP Jailbreak Assistant onto your computer. Connect your device to the computer and make sure it is recognized.
2. In the PP Jailbreak Assistant, click the Green 1-click jailbreak icon at the bottom. Enter the Captcha if required and it will start preparation.
What you need to do at the moment is to wait for the preparation work to be done until you see the PP Jailbreak app appear on your homescreen.
3. When completed, it will request to add a profile on your device which is critical for the jailbreak. You need to trust the Pangu profile.
4. Launch the PP Pangu Jailbreak App on your device and allow Push Notification from PP Jailbreak.
5. Click the big button in the middle of the screen. Before that, you can uncheck the “Install PP Assistant” if you want. The jailbreak process will then start.
6. Lock you device manually and wait for a few seconds until you see the Pangu notification on lockscreen. Just ignore “storage if full” message.
7. Now just wait for the Pangu app to install Cydia and clear things up. It will then resorting your device.
8. After reboot, launch the PP Jailbreak app and it will tell you if the jailbreak is successful or not. If not, simply re-jailbreak from Step 1. Remember DO NOT uninstall the PP Jailbreak App or Cydia will crash at launch. Otherwise, you can launch Cydia and enjoy!
9. Note that it is an semi-tethered jailbreak but you need to “re-activate” the jailbreak upon each reboot. Simply launch the Pangu App and click the button and it will do the rest for you. Once your device is resprung, you are good to go.
As usual, some rules of thumb before jailbreaking:
- Fully backup your device via iTunes or iCloud
- Restore the device from iTunes if updated via OTA to avoid unpredictable issues during the jailbreak process
- Connect your device and launch iTunes to make sure it is recognized
- Turn off passcode and Touch ID lock and “Find my iPhone”
- Run the Jailbreak Tool as Administrators
Enjoy and good luck!