I am quite a big fan of Apple Watch case despite the fact that many people. Sometimes they can just offer extra protection to the Watch itself and maybe able to make it look cool when it goes with the right watch band. For those who have been following our posts, we have reviewed quite a few Apple Watch Cases from various brands including multiple cases from Spigen, and thin cases from Griffin and Ozaki. They have similarities and also differences in terms of design, protection level, convenience, etc.
Especially when I go for outdoor activities like hiking and photography, I often go with bulky cases as it may be accident happening at any time that you will hit something randomly. Therefore a handy and at the same time protective cases so that I can just plug it on and go right away. Speck has done it right with the CandyShell® FIT for Apple Watch.
Product: CandyShell® FIT Apple Watch Case
Compatibility: 38mm and 42mm Apple Watch
- CandyShell Fit fits 38mm Apple Watch, Apple Watch Sport, and Apple Watch Edition.
- Full bezel protection. Raised bezel protects Apple Watch glass from impact, without impeding touchscreen functionality.
- Dual-layer design. Hard, impact-resisting exterior and soft, shock-absorbing interior guard against bumps, knocks, and other collisions in a surprisingly slim profile.
- Easy on & off. Durable materials flex on and off easily for convenience on-the-go.
- Lab-tested. CandyShell Fit underwent durability and accelerated life testing against extreme temperatures, cracks, and abrasions.
- The Long Live Promise. Proven protection and sleek design backed by a one-year warranty.
The dual-layer design adds a noticeable thickness and raised bezel to cover the body of the Apple Watch comprehensively. This is the major trade-off that you should have expected if you picked up this case but this certainly offers superb protection to the Apple Watch. The shock resistance exceeds military standard which aligns with their iPhone case line-ups.
One issue is that it also blocks you from removing the bands from the watch. You will need to take off the case before you can change the watch bands. But thanks for the durable and flexible material that the case is made of , it is super easy to put on and take off the case. It is much easier than that of the Spigen Rugged Armor.
Speaking of the Spigen Rugged Armor, this could be the most competitive and comparable product in the market in my opinion. The Speck does look more sleek and less weird that the Spigen case. Additionally, Speck CandyShell Fit’s design also match with the Apple Watch design in a better way.
The buttons are also very accessible than Spigen’s and the Side Button is sometimes sticky on Spigen but it’s clicky on Speck’s.
For better illustration on the impression , check out the full unboxing and try-on video below: