The Watch OS 1.0.1 (Build 12S632) is the first update released by Apple to the Apple Watch since it was launched in April. The size of the update is just 51.5MB so it will not take long to download. The release includes performance improvement and bug fixes, including the following:
Improved performance for:
- Measuring stand activity
- Calculating calories for indoor cycling and rowing workouts
- Distance and pace during outdoor walk and run workouts
- Third party apps
Display support for new Emoji characters; additional language support for Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, Swedish, Russian, Thai and Turkish.
There have been numerous blogs reporting on this topic already but I want to make it precise.
- Connect your Apple Watch to your iPhone
- Put Apple Watch onto charger and make sure battery level >50%
- Open the Apple Watch App on the iPhone
- Go to General, Software Update, after checking, 1.0.1 update appears
- Confirm the download and install
- When downloaded, a message will prompt on Apple Watch to install
- Click Install and let the magic begin
- You will see similar screen like the first syncing during setup
- The Watch will reboot twice until update finishes
So here a few major changes to expect:
- New Emojis to select in replying to messages
- Stop watches Start button rearranged to the right
- Watch now shows battery percentage upon putting on charger
- Many redditors have reported faster Siri response
Have you updated to Watch OS 1.0.1? Have you noticed any improvements here and there? Let me know in the comments!