Workflow is super powerful app that enables users to create automatic recipes for the app to perform certain task. Today, Workflow 1.2 has dropped in the App Store that brings not only the Apple Watch app, but also tons of improvements.
Workflow can perform a huge variety of tasks with over 200 actions to mix-and-match that aims at boost your productivity, including sending emails, scheduling events, playing a playlist, add reminders, etc. In showcasing the power that the watch app can do, there are a few examples on Workflow’s website:
To have a glance on the demo of Workflow on the Apple Watch, you can visit https://workflow.is/on/your/wrist for more details.
Here are the other new features and improvement in this update:
- Eight new actions that take advantage of more of your apps: Get Playlist, Add Due Reminder, Generate QR Code, Add 2Do Task, Get Name of Emoji, Run Schemes Workflow, Post to Slack, Continue on iPhone
- Updated workflow type selection
- Added AIFF option to Encode Media
- Added ability to post videos from the photo library to Instagram
- Added sentence case to Change Case
- Added the ability to get the organizer of an event from Get Details of Calendar Events
- Added support for Transit app to Show Directions
- Added ability to prepend to files in Dropbox
- Added an option to overwrite a file in Save to Dropbox if it already exists
- Added an option to not throw an error if a file cannot be found with Get Files from Dropbox
- Fixed an issue with Make Video from GIF
- Fixed a crash downloading Kindle eBooks
- Fixed making PDFs from files in Dropbox
- Fixed issues with downloading JSON arrays and dictionaries
- Fixed an issue where Expand URL didn’t fully remove utm query strings from some URLs
- Fixed an issue with opening multiple URLs from the action extension on iOS 8.2+
- Fixed an issue where some workflows did not show up in the action extension
- And a bunch of others, of course!