I have pre-ordered my Apple Watch – 38mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band. The estimated shipping date falls onto the first batch – 24 April to 8 May. For reference I placed the order 2 minutes after the system opened.
After that, I made an appointment to try out the Apple Watches in the Apple Store, IFC Mall Hong Kong. I arrived there earlier than scheduled but they quickly allow me in, disregarding those queuing for luck. Here is the try-on video showcasing what you will do and can do during the 15 minutes ONE-ON-ONE try-on appointment session. I tried 38mm and 42mm Sports model and SS model with Modern Buckle and Milanese Loop.
I spoke to the Specialist all the way within the 15 minutes and we did have a very pleasant conversation and discussion. She is very knowledgeable and was able to answer all my questions. Some topics and key points that I want to share with you here:
- Of course, we talked a lot about how to use the watch, specifications, size, what’s inside the box, technical stuff
- How to change the bands, other watch band options and pricing
- Left or right hand usage and how to alter
- Our or our friend’s pre-order experience, slipping in shipping date, etc. No idea on how much stock for pre-order
- Apple Watch accessories that we may want to buy: commonly, we both want to get a Apple Watch Stand and a bumper case
- No ETA on in-store purchase even after the Launch Day on 24th April
- Probably no way to change the size you placed the order with, even you call up to Apple Support, you may need to cancel your current order and do it all over again. This does not make sense as the Watch is quite hard to get early delivery now
So have you pre-ordered your Apple Watch? Which model did you get? When do you expect to get the shipment? And have you made an appointment to try out? Let me know in the comments below about your experience.