One of the best feature of iPhones is the amazingly great camera. People use it to take a bunch of photos everyday and share with their family and friends. Inevitably, they will use photo editing apps to brighten up great shots or heal some bad ones. There are tons of choices, both free and paid, available on the App Store which is really overwhelming for users to pick from.
I personally use photo apps a lot and I have over 20 of them installed on my iPhone 6. There are 3 superior new photo apps that I downloaded in March that are definitely value for money and you should check it out now.
Enlight [iPhone, 50% off launch sale at $3.99]
Enlight is a very powerful and beautifully designed all-in-one photo editing app for iPhone. The app offers comprehensive functionalities that you can create stunning photos with it. Major features include image perfection tools, analog and duo filters, artistic touches as monochromatic photos, personalized decorative touches and special effects, photo mixer, intelligent photo correction and noise reduction, Power Tools, curve control on image tonality, square-ready, collages, and many others.
PICSPLAY 2 – Photo Editor & Selfie Retouch [iOS Universal, Free with IAP]
PICSPLAY 2 is a revamped version of PICSPLAY Pro which has become the ultimate photo editor for professional iPhoneographers. I can say PICSPLAY 2 is the most comprehensive photo-editing app I have seen so far beside Photoshop PS Touch.
It is a mind-blowing sophisticated photo-editing app with 200 filters in 10 photo effect themes, along with a number of overlays of textures, light leaks and vignettes, as well as 100+ fonts, 500 stickers and borders, etc.
Another flagship features is face reshape, skin smoothing and details enhancement that you can make selfies looks best. And in addition to basic and professional editing tools, the app also has a live filter camera that allows you to apply real-time filters, control focus and exposure, anti-shake, timer, and many more.
To unlock the Pro features via IAP, normally you have to pay for $9.99 but now you can get it at half price at $4.99 only. The deal is going to end in 3 hours by the time this post is released. Grab it as soon as possible!
Here is the official showcase video of how powerful PICSPLAY 2 can be:
Filters for iPhone [$0.99]
Filter for iPhone is a new photo-editing app that features a truckload of filters and overlays. It has over 500 fully adjustable filters across five categories: Vintage, Monochromatic, Dramatic, Cool and Warm, and over 300 hand-painted, incredible textured overlays, colored gel overlays and light leak effects. All these features are included with nothing extra to purchase. With a price tag of less than a dollar, this app is definitely a steal.
– Zoom in on your photo while editing to see crisp details
– Tap-hold on photo to compare edits with your original photo
– Adjust the intensity of every filter to get the perfect look
– Live-updating, large filter previews in a smooth, scrolling list
– Save your favorite filters for quick access
– No need to import photos into a special, in-app library
– Simple, distraction-free user interface
– Save photos to your Camera Roll or send to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other apps
Last but not least, Layout from Instagram that we introduced upon its official release on the App Store. It is a photo collage app created by Instagram and it is free of charge. You can read more about Layout app on Instagram Blog.
Beside these four superb apps, there are two more photography apps that you should not miss this week:
Tangent – App Store App of the Week [Originally $1.99]
I have introduced this powerful, unique photo-editing app a while ago. You can still download it for free from the Apps Store as long as the promotion goes on.
Tangent’s unique features:
– 35 easy-to-use, fully customizable styles that professionally combine shapes, patterns and blends for an amazing look
– 70 versatile shapes (26 out of the box)
– 68 background patterns (22 out of the box)
– 350 stunning combinations of blends and colors
– Exclusive art packs by Neal Dieker
– Simple-to-use slider lets you adjust colors and opacity
– Completely scalable–rotate, zoom, drag and resize
– Unlimited combinations of shapes, patterns, and blends that will completely transform any photo into a work of art
– Share instantly on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Camera+ [iPhone $2.99, iPad $4.99]
Camera+ is one of the “essential” photo app on the App Store for a long time. The recent update of version 6.2 brings a number of new features including Today’s Widget, a new advanced white balance control, as well as UI optimization for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Definitely check it out if you haven’t.
Hope this post can help you out in picking a good photo editing app! Leave me a comment below and let me know how you think.